Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

October 27, 2012

When does an open shell stitch become a 'v' stitch...love the shell stitch and all it's variations was playing yesterday with a sample.
Can you tell in this sample when the stitch changes from an Open Shell Stitch to a Double 'V' Stitch?

NO NEITHER CAN I...and I did the sample!

so which is it then?

the first row from the bottom: 2dc 2ch 2dc
the second row: 2dc 1ch 2dc
the 3rd 4th 5th rows: 2dc no ch 2dc
6th and 7th: 2dc 1ch 2dc
at least I think that is how I did each row???

but the difference was so slight, the only thing that happened when you use 2 ch it grew sideways and no chain it pulled back in again maybe it is a little more open than no chain space but really it would be hard to decide don't you think?


A Jan Eaton ripple
A REPEAT OF 13 STITCHES
A friend asked about a Jan Eaton ripple she was having difficulty with so I help out with that and decided to make a blanket using the same ripple and a plain colour, 
16 Ripples long so if I get bored it can turn into a scarf.

So I have been a bit distracted from the Moss Stitch cushions, peeking at me from my string bag ....

A couple of day ago I told you about the Bus Stop Knitter, well I forgot to tell you about the 
Purple Shop Knitter, another complete stranger I invited to follow me home last Saturday, must stop doing this. 

She couldn't get the colour of wool she wanted in the shop, so I chirps up...
'oh! I have that colour at home if you want to come home with me' lol...completely mad I am.

But she was a fellow woolly person so I couldn't let her go home without the right colour could I?

She rang me and came back yesterday and took another 5 balls of a green she likes too hehe...

Another woolly friend may be?

off to try and get some of the cushions and the ripple done tonight, unless something else distracts me
have fun xx