Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

July 19, 2012

FAIR ISLE MANDALA

Just lately there seem to be a lot of quite decorative Mandalas around in blogland, very interesting.

So I did a bit of research and found that
they are based on post stitch and have origins in Aran crochet.
It seems that Melody MacDuffee is the crochet artist who first started to make these sort of intricate Mandalas back in 2003
Some of her patterns are really intricate the over lay is very detailed

Thought I would have a go at a Mandala and a bit of post stitch


Personally I think mine looks more like a crochet version of Fair Isle  and very like a Fair Isle Beret 
both knitting patterns are from Debbie Bliss patterns on Laughing Hens

Works for me and a technique I will use a lot I'm sure.
It looks complicated and intricate but it is real easy to add post stitch to a Mandala and they are a 
great deal of fun to make 


Hugs to all x