Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images
Hot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot ImagesHot Images

February 20, 2013

WEEK 8 GRANNY, a light weight hoilday project....

and my last post for a week or so...a cruise to enjoy! lol
 
I decided I needed to take a light weight project with me on holiday so this...
week 8 granny motif is it...was thinking evening jacket of some description BUT....
it might make a great evening bag?.....Really not sure what it will become yet
I'm using all the pale blues and greens I have.
EVENING JACKET...
I would like to make an Evening Jacket at some point in this motif but in antique white, silvers and pale greys with just a hint of colour.
 
I also have lots of oranges and red too so a second project......A close up of the cotton ribbon centre and the shiny 2 round of 24 short loops
 
COLINETTE RIBBON YARNS
A project specifically to use ribbon yarns....I bought a bag of random coloured yarns from Colinette a few months back and wanted to use them in a project.....
A cotton ribbon for the centre and a shiny ribbon for the second round
 
PATTERN
WEEK 8 Granny motif
USA Terms, 5mm hook, ribbon yarn
A two round circular motif with quite a close fit together
 
Ch 8, sl st to complete circle
R1: 24 dc into the circle, sl st to complete round (24dc)
R2: attach second shinier ribbon in any st, ch4, sc in next stitch, ch4 sc in next st, repeat until you have 24 short loops, sl st to comp[lete round. (24x4 ch loops)
 
Use join as you go, 4 loops at a time...a first motif will have 6 motifs around it.
 
 
HAPPY HOOKING
I'll be back in March with Week 9 Granny